Awards & Honors
Collins Communications, Inc., 1990 to Present
- CONNECT, Finalist, Most Innovative Product Award, 2015
- Have written articles and opinion pieces for numerous major publications and websites, including the Huffington Post, the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Los Angeles Times, etc.
- Have appeared on over 70 radio and TV programs, including The Tavis Smiley Show, The Maggie Linton Show, KPBS-TV & Radio, NPR’s All Things Considered, Lake Effect (Milwaukee), AM Northwest (Portland), Central Time, (Madison, WI), Good Day New Mexico (Albuquerque), Live at 9 (Memphis), Fox 5 News (San Diego), Capital Public Radio (Sacramento), KNPR (Las Vegas), etc.
- Author of two non-fiction books: Midair, (Lyons Press, 2016) and Thunder in the Mountains (Lyons Press, 2014)
- SDSU, College of Business, Executive MBA Program, Alumni of the Year, 2008
- CONNECT, Finalist, Most Innovative Product Award, 2004
- San Diego Metropolitan Magazine, 40 Under 40 (Outstanding Leaders Under 40), 2000
- CONNECT, Finalist, Most Innovative Product Award, 1999
- Hotel Sales & Marketing Association International, Best New Hotel Opening, 1991
- San Diego Press Club, Best Writing, Public Relations, 1990
- Public Relations Society of America, Best Writing, 1995
- International Association of Business Communicators, Best Writing, 1994